Adding your chat room
A general guideline to chat rooms that want to be added:
- You’ll need a minimum of 15-20 chatters (excluding bots & clones) in your room at any given time between 9:00 and 21:00 (GMT +2 SA time). We are however prepared to add any room with less chatters where a convincing case is made.
- You’ll need an official website so people can learn more about your room. A facebook (Page, not Group), WordPress or Blogger page will do perfectly as well.
- You’ll need to provide an Admin email address where people can report abuse and questionable activity.
- Room name has to be unique (not similar to a room listed on chat27 already)
- There actually needs to be activity in the main room (other than join/parts)
- A link to www.chat27.co.za from your website. This is to establish that the website given is associated with the chat room – we’ve had problems in the past with chat rooms giving a website as their own and then receiving a threatening letter to the contrary from the actual website owner. This can be a normal text link, or you’re welcome to click here for some nice graphics.
- Your Network/Room needs to cater specifically to the SOUTH AFRICAN audience. No use adding chat rooms from other countries, though an expat room might be cool.
- No offensive chat rooms or offensive-themed rooms will be added… a point which is relative.
- No more “adult-themed” chat rooms will be added. We have enough of those, and just because they’re the most popular rooms, doesn’t mean it’s our intention to cater mainly for such chat rooms. As a rule, we’ll only be adding one adult-themed chat room per server. Variety being the spice of life, we’re looking for some other additions.
- Your chat room on www.atrum.org network a plus.
- Note that CGI (HTML Chat) chat is only available to chat rooms on the www.atrum.org network.
- Servers that use auto-join functionality will not be added, ie when you join a chat room it automatically ads you to other chat rooms as well. If people wanted to join the other chat rooms, they would have done so in the first place.
- If your user volume dips drastically below initial criteria for an extended period (2-3 weeks) the room will be removed from the list without notification.
- No chat room where you have to “register a nickname to enter” will be added.
- No Lagnet or Zanet rooms will be added.
- As this is a free website maintained by one (very busy) person, please allow 7 – 28 days before chat rooms are added. Inclusion is not guaranteed.
So your chat room complies with the above? I’ll need:
- The Room Name
- The Server/Network it’s hosted on
- A short description of each room you want added – you’ll see all our chat rooms have one.
- Your official website address for each room
- The email address for people to report abuse in your chat room/s.
- The location of the chat27 link on your website.
Just send the above info to email@example.com
This website is not about making new chat rooms popular. It is about facilitating access to chat rooms that have done the legwork, gone through the teething process, came out on top, and already have a loyal following. Why? Adding chat rooms with very few chatters will simply frustrate new chatters that connect to it, they will leave immediately. The room will not have the opportunity to grow, and do us more damage than good in the end for having so many redundant chat rooms. We do not have an advertising budget, and thus rely solely on referrals to chat rooms worth chatting in.